Friends of I-India is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the National Privacy Principles. Consistent with the Privacy Act 1988 as amended by the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 (the Act), Friends of I-India endorses fair information handling practices. Any information provided, including identification of individuals, will be used only for the purpose for which it has been collected.
Email addresses provided via this site will be used to respond to specific user queries and will only be added to our information mailing list if your permission is given. Your email address will not be disclosed to any other party without your knowledge and consent and as intended, unless required by law.
Collecting and keeping your personal information safe
Friends of I-India collects and stores information about donors to:
- maintain contact with our donors
- inform our supporters about the progress of our work
- comply with necessary business and accounting standards
- comply with Australian Taxation Office requirements.
We are committed to maintaining your privacy
How we will use your personal information:
- Administer and manage our mailing appeals
- Inform you about our work in India
- Provide information to Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law. (eg. Australian Taxation Office if required)
- To research and develop our appeals for funds
Sharing your information
We do not disclose any information about you to any external service providers or marketing organisations.
How you can access your information
You have the right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to, please let us know. For security reasons you will be asked to put your request in writing. To enable us to verify your request we require you to advise the following:
Administer and manage our mailing appeals
- Full name
- Phone number
A fee is not normally charged for providing information to you. We reserve the right to charge for any extraordinary cost incurred in providing you with a copy of information about you held in our records.
How you can contact us
If you have any questions in relation to Privacy please write to us at
P O Box 204, Five Dock NSW 2046 or email us.